Today marks the first annual celebration of BlogDay!
BlogDay was created with the belief that bloggers should have one day dedicated to getting to know other bloggers from other countries and areas of interest. On that day Bloggers will recommend other blogs to their blog visitors.
With the goal in mind, on this day every blogger will post a recommendation of 5 new blogs. In this way, all Blog web surfers will find themselves leaping around and discovering new, previously unknown blogs.
Okay, here goes (I’m cheating just a bit – these are a few of my faves):
- Engadget – cool new tech stuff reviewed
- BoingBoing – weird and wonderful links
- Free Range Librarian – Karen Schneider’s always honest ruminations on librarianship, the universe, and everything
- Gizmodo – if Engadget and BoingBoing had a kid, it would look a lot like Gizmodo
- Tame the Web – libraries and technology or is it technology and libraries? Whatever, it’s good reading
Why August 31? Because it’s the date (3108) that looks the most like the word “blog.”