Is reference dead? Is it something that we still do but now has a new name? Join CLA President Robert Karatsu in a conversation with Justin Hoenke, a co-author of the recent ALA publication Reinventing Reference: How Libraries Delivery Value in the Age of Google as they discuss what reference looks like in today’s public library. Prior to his conversation with Justin, Robert will talk a little about the Reference Service Press Fellowship, a scholarship that thanks to Dr. Gail Schlachter and the Reference Service Press has been awarded annually by CLA since 1993
Go to http://clareimagine.com/ on Thursday, the 14th at 12/Noon.
And in case you missed them, previous Thursdays with CLA editions are worth watching:
- CLA President Robert Karastu in a conversation with the iconic director of the San Diego County Library system Jose Aponte as they discuss “What is Leadership?”
- CLA President Robert Karatsu interviews Michael Perry, Director of the Siskiyou County Library and Erin Christmas, Santa Clarita Public Library for an update on the Weed Community Library.
- CLA President Robert Karatsu and special guest Jan Sanders, Director of the Pasadena Public Library discuss “How to work a room”.
- CLA President Robert Karatsu interviews Scott Bonner, Library Director of the Ferguson Public Library and hear about the inspiring work that Scott and his staff have done for the Ferguson community.
- CLA President Robert Karatsu as he shares his vision for CLA as we move forward in 2015