Tune in to “Thursdays with CLA” on Thursday, June 18 at Noon at http://clareimagine.com/!
Join CLA President with special guest California State Librarian Greg Lucas in a no-holds barred conversation on how things are going with our State Librarian.
Robert will be asking Greg what he feels his proudest accomplishments are after one year on the job, some of his unexpected/unforeseen challenges, his vision for libraries in California moving forward, what he *really* thinks about library school, and most important, what song he will be performing at the CLA conference in November (in connection with our Million Reader Challenge.) Plus you will have the opportunity to tweet your questions to Greg @ #CLAReimagine. This one should get interesting…
And in case you missed them, previous Thursdays with CLA editions are worth watching:
- Join CLA President Robert Karatsu in a conversation with Justin Hoenke, a co-author of the recent ALA publication Reinventing Reference: How Libraries Delivery Value in the Age of Google as they discuss what reference looks like in today’s public library.
- Join CLA President Robert Karatsu in a conversation with the iconic director of the San Diego County Library system Jose Aponte as they discuss “What is Leadership?”
- CLA President Robert Karatsu interviews Michael Perry, Director of the Siskiyou County Library and Erin Christmas, Santa Clarita Public Library for an update on the Weed Community Library.
- CLA President Robert Karatsu and special guest Jan Sanders, Director of the Pasadena Public Library discuss “How to work a room”.
- CLA President Robert Karatsu interviews Scott Bonner, Library Director of the Ferguson Public Library and hear about the inspiring work that Scott and his staff have done for the Ferguson community.
- CLA President Robert Karatsu as he shares his vision for CLA as we move forward in 2015